Crisis, hunger, and poverty can affect anyone, at any time. Connecting people in need with local resources is a critical part of our mission. Whether you are in crisis, or need a little support, we’re here to help.
If you or someone you know needs help, CALL 2-1-1 from any phone, 24/7. Call Toll Free: 1-800-442-8565 Local: 218-326-4634
Connect to over 40,000 statewide resources quickly with United Way 2-1-1, our information and referral line. 2-1-1 offers information about food, housing, employment, transportation, health services, eldercare, and other crisis hotlines. Our trained information and referral specialists can help you find resources for all of these needs and more.
You can also quickly ﬁnd services on our website, or chat live with our highly trained information and referral specialists.
GET HELP NOW: VISIT THE 2-1-1 WEBSITE
Currently, there are five call center hubs and six resource hubs across the state with a shared database containing more than 40,000 resources. United Way of 1000 Lakes funds the First Call 2-1-1 call center in Minnestoa, covering the North Central region. Since Minnesota first started using 2-1-1 in 2002, more than two million referrals have been made. Approximately 50 percent of calls are inquiries regarding basic needs such as food, shelter and transportation.
2-1-1 in Minnesota is statewide and covers every county of Minnesota in addition to Douglas, Pierce, Polk and St. Croix Counties in Wisconsin. 2-1-1 is supported by the following United Ways in Minnesota:
- Greater Twin Cities United Way (call & data center)
- United Way of Central Minnesota (data center)
- United Way of Southwest Minnesota (funding)
- United Way of Redwood (funding)
- Sherburne Area United Way (funding)
- United Way of 1,000 Lakes (funding)
- Superior-Douglas County United Way (funding)
- United Way of Greater Duluth (call & data center)
- United Way of Olmsted County (funding)
- United Way of Washington County East (funding)
- United Way of Brown County (funding)
- Elk River/Delano/Loretto United Way (funding)
- Northeast Minnesota United Way (funding)